Why is epoxy board so popular?2018-07-12
Epoxy resin sheet is low in cost and wide in application, and is suitable for various manufacturing industries. Small to mobile phone casing, large to aircraft carrier, aviation.
Because of its emergence, our production costs have been reduced a lot. This article starts with physical and chemical aspects, and highlights why in addition to low production costs, why does epoxy resin board have such excellent performance?
Chemical structure of epoxy resin board:
1. An epoxy resin is generally an organic polymer compound containing two or more epoxy groups in a molecule.
2. The molecular structure of the epoxy resin is characterized by the presence of an active epoxy group in the molecular chain, and the epoxy group may be located at the end, in the middle or in a ring structure of the molecular chain.
3. Due to the active structure of the epoxy group in the molecular structure, they can be cross-linked with various types of curing agents to form an insoluble polymer having a three-dimensional network structure.
The advantages of epoxy resin panels in industrial life are:
1. The chemical composition is various. It can be adapted to the requirements of the form for a variety of applications, ranging from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. The body is easy to cure. A variety of different curing agents are selected, and the epoxy resin chemical system can be cured in the temperature range of 0 to 180 °C.
3. Strong adhesion of chemical molecules. The presence of polar hydroxyl and ether linkages inherent in the epoxy resin molecular chain provides high adhesion to a wide variety of materials. When the epoxy resin is cured, the shrinkage is low, and the internal stress generated is small, which also contributes to an improvement in adhesion strength.
4. Low physical shrinkage. The reaction of the epoxy resin and the curing agent used is carried out by a direct addition reaction or a ring-opening polymerization reaction of an epoxy group in a resin molecule, without the release of water or other volatile by-products. Compared with general resins, it shows very low shrinkage (less than 2%) during curing.
5. High physical and mechanical properties. The cured epoxy resin sheet has excellent mechanical properties. Adapt to various processing needs
The physical composition process of epoxy resin board:
The epoxy board is made of epoxy resin bonded to the glass fiber cloth, and is heated and pressed. The domestic code is 3240. It has high mechanical properties at moderate temperatures and stable electrical properties at high temperatures.
Suitable for high-insulation structural parts for machinery, electrical appliances and electronics, with high mechanical and dielectric properties for heat resistance and moisture resistance. Heat resistance class F (155 degrees).